Full time, year around work with overtime and full benefits. Benefits include paid time off, 401k, health, dental and vision insurance as well as a SIGN ON BONUS! We have multiple immediate openings for climbers of all skill levels with or the ability to obtain a CDL Class A license. All PPE and basic climbing gear provided, including Kask helmets, TreeMotion harnesses and climbing bag (preferred PPE can be requested). Basic climbing equipment includes climbing rope with a spliced eye, work positioning lanyard, harness, plus all connecting links for both moving rope and stationary rope techniques. These tools are also personal and the employee can choose what fits them best.
We have a fun working environment, focused on safe and professional work practices. We support our team and their career development through the help of acquiring credentials such as ISA Certified Arborist, CTSP as well as supporting our staff to compete in our local ISA climbing competition and other continuing education events.
Check out a full job description and apply through our website at https://kramertree.com/careers/ or email Todd Kramer at email@example.com
Production Arborists report directly to the Production Arborist Crew Leader who in turn reports to the Production Manager. Major objectives are to provide safe, professional and quality arboriculture services as well as all other service areas of Kramer Tree Specialists. Production Arborists are expected to always maintain a positive image of Kramer Tree Specialists.
- Provide safe, productive and quality services for all assigned tasks.
- Ability to ascend, descend and work aloft in trees for the purpose of arboricultural services, involving the use of chainsaws, hand tools and modernized climbing equipment and techniques.
- The ability to wear and utilize the appropriate equipment and proper PPE as required by company, clients, OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Work with the production team to clean-up resulting debris, brush, branches, logs, etc.
- Lifting up to 70 lbs. will be required.
- Effectively employ safe work practices around hazardous equipment and energized electrical lines. Be able and involved in setting up necessary work area protection zones utilizing arrow boards, barriers, warning signs, etc.
- Conduct or participate in regularly scheduled crew meetings, safety meetings, and provide pertinent operational information.
- Ensure overall safe, productive and quality work done on each job site, attending to the details through proper job briefings, job site hazard assessments, and pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time, which will involve standing, entering and exiting vehicles/equipment, and assisting with cleanup of job sites involving the use of log carts, dragging brush, and picking up other forms of debris.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Be accountable for the maintenance and proper use of all company vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Knowledge of modern climbing and rigging techniques, use of chippers, chainsaws, aerial lifts and the ability to be trained on new techniques as necessary.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate with crew members.
- The capability to work safely and assure compliance of company, clients and ANSI safety standards.
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish (preferred).
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with and ability to operate all equipment and tools utilized within the arboriculture Industry. (preferred)
- Two years of tree climbing experience - with the proven ability to analyze and interpret job expectations. (preferred)
- ISA Certified Arborist, Certified Tree Care Safety Professional (CTSP) – (preferred but not required)
- Valid driver’s license with CDL Class A with air brake endorsement. (Ability to attain within 90 days of hire)
Supervisor: Production Managers