For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on creating high-quality, high-value foods and beverages that help bring people together. We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Receiving Clerk. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants you!
Responsible for following established procedures in the daily organization of Jel Sert's shipping process when coordinating the receiving of materials and packages. Additionally, ensure all required documentation is accurately completed according to SOP's.
This position will require the employee to work overtime as needed. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately and expeditiously check in drivers and assign dock doors as needed while ensuring all paperwork has been completed by drivers.
- Ensure all required paperwork is present before receiving a load
- Verifies paperwork accuracy vs. goods on COA's received and counts
- Verifications process using electronic system and up to date share drive
- Communicate with the Materials Department regarding any issues related to the loads
- Review incoming orders for both accuracy and potential problems
- May inspect, accept, or reject goods received
- Print and place labels utilizing Form Weigh on load skids and assist with on the dock trailer inspection
- Mark inventory codes on received materials using proper labeling
- Handle the processing of Parcel Deliveries from UPS and Fed Ex and assign locations for internal delivery
- Maintain warehouse inventory on all received ingredients.
- Coordinate material aging audits and conduct cycle counts monthly and quarterly of different ingredients
- UPS / FedEx data entry for outgoing packages
- Print and place labels on packages and prepare required documents such as Packing List, BOL, etc., to ensure proper shipping
- Complete as much as or more volume on 1st shift versus other shifts
- Ability to work off shifts to provide vacation/personal time off coverage as needed
- Attendance is an essential function of this position
- Adheres to any/all SQF Requirements related to this job function
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have 1-3 years' inventory/distribution experience in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with MS Excel required and warehouse management systems such as EAM, QAD and Form Weigh experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Effective communication skills - oral and written.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Organized, methodical and detailed-orientated
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU - BENEFITS
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K ) & ROTH Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
PERKS OF WORKING AT JEL SERT!
- Training and Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounts on our Delicious Products
- Health Club Member Reimbursement
- Interactive Company Culture with Engagement Activities
- Employee Service Awards
- Company Philanthropy
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to utilize staircase.
- Must have hand dexterity to complete job responsibilities on computer, paper and phone.
- Must be able to bend, lift and carry up to 50 lbs on an as needed basis.
- Must have clear speech and have the ability to hear and listen for phone work and communication with contacts.
- Must be able to sit for long hours, up to 8 hours, for extended computer, phone and paper work.
Warehouse and Distribution environment
This is position is a "safety sensitive" position based upon the direct exposure to moving forklifts, semi-trailers and entering trailers.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBLITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
Backup Assistant Receiving Supervisor
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job ensures accurate inventory and records are kept according to Jel Sert's policies and procedures.