For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on creating high-quality, high-value foods, and beverages that help bring people together. We are currently looking for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team asTECHNICIANSin our Liquid Department. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants you!
The Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving any electrical and mechanical problems as well as performing all routine and basic equipment maintenance on machines within our liquid department.
We are looking to fill one openingon the following shifts:
1st Shift: 6:30am - 3pm
2nd Shift: 2:30pm - 11:00pm
This position may require the employee to work in excess of 40 hours per week. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
This job description is only a summary of typical functions. Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Complete work assignments in a timely fashion with minimal direction.
- Evaluate all machinery and provide a list of needed improvements.
- Focus on machine efficiency issues and process improvements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with electrical, hydraulics, programming, and mechanical PLCs is required.
- Experience in manufacturing (food plant or pharmaceutical industry) preferred.
- Previous experience and knowledge are desired in the following areas: machine elements, pipe fitting, instrumentation, hydraulics/ pneumatics, and shop safety.
- Must have basic PLC knowledge and experience.
- Previous experience with:
- Performing routine preventative maintenance.
- Installing, verifying, and validating all new equipment.
- Performing machine tear-down and rebuilds.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience with GMP and safety regulations.
- Good verbal & written communication skills are required.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must be able to complete and pass the skills assessment.
- Must be able to pass the physical and functional job screen.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Discern differences between red/green/amber.
- Hear/Listen Effectively: Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Move within Office and Manufacturing Facilities: standing/walking for a minimum of 8 hours including the ability to ascend/descend staircases.
- Overhead Repair: Perform work order/PM while hands are above eye level at 2-minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Load/Replace Motor/Large Equipment: Lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Climb Ladders: Carry ladder, weighing up to 40 pounds, at least 30 feet to the location of work order/PM followed by climbing up/down 3-4 ladder rungs or the equivalent of 36 rungs with bilateral upper extremity support.
- Awkward Positions for Repair/Adjustments: Maintain a stoop position reaching below the waist for work order/PM with tools at 2 minutes intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Push/Pull Carts/Equipment: Push a sled generating 60 pounds of force up to 25 feet.
- Awkward Positions Below Equipment: Crawl 20 feet to perform work order/PM while kneeling under a table at 2-minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Lift Filler Tubes/Medium Equipment: Lift 50# from waist to shoulder level and return with the ability to repeat.
- Climb Fork Lift: Step onto a 22" step using upper extremity support with the ability to repeat several times.
- Transfer Floor to Overhead Level: Squat to lift with 2 hands, a 20-pound object, standing and placing onto a 70" shelf with the ability to repeat for 2 minutes.
This is a safety-sensitive position due to the exposure to runningproduction machines and moving forklifts.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job directly impacts departmental and company productivity and product quality.