The following is a list of primary duties which are considered to be essential functions of the Plant Health Care Applicator position. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our clients. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management.
A Plant Health Care Applicator is responsible for administering treatment applications on trees or other vegetation for purpose of insect and/or disease control and enhancement of plant health. Plant Health Care Applicators work in accordance with applicable ANSI and other industry standards and in compliance with all state regulations and policies as it pertains to pesticide applications for ornamental plants and trees. This position will also be involved with our tree care maintenance crews during the non-PHC months assisting on other arboriculture services that we provide. It is expected that all services conducted in this position always maintain a positive image of Kramer Tree Specialists and adherence to the values of Kramer Tree Specialists and our Performance Triangle, which involves the balance of safe, productive and quality work practices.
• Perform tree & shrub treatment applications in accordance with industry best practices and state / product guidelines & policies, assuring quality applications in a timely manner and proactively inspecting the plant material for current and potential pests.
• Identify and communicate field observations of ornamental and tree insect and disease issues which are to be provided to Sales Arborists targeted towards continuous improvement of the products and service we provide.
• Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time, including inclement weather, which will involve standing, kneeling, entering and exiting vehicles/equipment, and assisting with cleanup of job sites
• Ability to work a varied time schedule according to seasonal requirements including Saturdays.
• Ensure overall safe, productive and quality work done on each property, attending to the details through proper tree evaluations, job site hazard assessments, and pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
• Maintain a daily work truck to be clean, organized & in operational condition on a daily basis.
• Tools assigned to each truck should be inventoried and in operational condition.
• Participate in the Plant Health Care department meetings.
• To be willing to work within other departments when the Plant Health Care work–loads are minimal. This could include leaf / brush collection, tree care maintenance, holiday lighting and the snow removal services.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• One Year of tree care and/or plant health care application services
• Valid Illinois Drivers’ License
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Be able to calculate the needed material and tools for each specific application.
• Climbing in/out/on of work trucks for the purpose of material mixing for application services
• Lifting or dragging up to 70 lbs. will be required
• Current State of Illinois Commercial Applicators License or obtain within a specified time frame
• Illinois Class A CDL Drivers License with air-brake endorsement, or the ability to obtain within a 90 days of hire date.
• ISA Certified Arborist (Preferred) – ability to obtain within a specified time frame
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!