A great entry level opportunity for a professional interested in arboriculture and providing recommendations and treatments for the care of urban trees. Work along with a Sales Arborist providing recommendations, developing proposals, assisting with business development as more.
Gain the opportunity to earn your ISA Certified Arborist credential and work with other professionals in a great work environment promoting safe, professional arboriculture. Company vehicle, laptop and smartphone provided along with full benefits including paid time off, 401k, health, dental and vision insurance.
Check out a full job description and apply through our website at https://kramertree.com/careers/ or email Alan Seal at firstname.lastname@example.org
The main objectives of the Sales Associate is to work in conjunction with an assigned Sales Arborist and provide support and assistance as directed. Duties include site inspections and gathering site proposal information required to develop client proposals for arboriculture services. Sales Associate will be interacting with clients, determining service recommendations, assessing site access and hazards, gathering measurements, and identifying trees on site. Additionally, the Sales Associate will be responsible for participating in various networking functions as directed by their assigned Sales Arborist and/or the Sales & Business Development Manager.
- Perform site inspections for proposal preparation as directed by their assigned Sales Arborist.
- Provide required information necessary for the development of proposals. Such information would include:
- Development of residential and commercial site maps with tree ID and recommendations.
- Identification of trees and other plants on site and the development of site tree inventory.
- Procurement of site photos and photos of site limitations.
- Identification of current and potential pests/diseases on trees and ornamental plants.
- Provide required information necessary for the development of work orders. Such information would include:
- Call in JULIE or Digger notifications.
- Develop and accurately complete necessary equipment sheets for work orders
- Create and complete project planning sheets for larger and complex jobs.
- Work with Scheduling Coordinator and clientele for scheduling work.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance/image throughout the workday.
- Actively participate in the implementation, and compliance of company safety policies.
- Work longer hours during peak selling periods with the potential for weekend work as necessary.
- Ability to conduct client site walks which may involve long distances, drive throughout local area daily, sit or stand for extended periods of time and general office tasks
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds
- Tree and plant identification, pest/disease diagnostics and recommendations for treatment (or ability to learn)
- ISA Certified Arborist preferred or ability to obtain once eligible
- Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, written, social and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Office and general computer skills preferred
- Valid Illinois Driver’s license or ability to attain within 90 days of hire
- Minimum of one year relevant experience in the arboriculture or green industry
Reports to: Sales & Business Development Manager