Reports to: Director, School Age Programs
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Pay Range: $16-$17/hour
Position Summary: The Safe ‘n Sound Site Lead is responsible for the daily operations of 1 of our 9 school sites. A Site Lead must promote the Safe ‘n Sound program name and positively impact the community’s awareness on what the program offers. A Site Lead is to develop relationships with the participants, parents and school staff in addition to communicating effectivity to each party listed above. A Site Lead must be dedicated to serving our youth in the following the Y’s core values and in the areas of educational assistance, character development and social growth. A Site Lead will be asked to motivate other staff members, as well as lead a group of individuals in various activities.
- Provide day-to-day direction and supervision of Safe ‘n Sound before- and after-school program at a designated site location.
- Plan and execute daily activities including, but not limited to, homework time, snack, character development, group games and arts/crafts.
- Create and distribute monthly newsletter to program participants.
- Create and maintain all attendance sheets, authorized pick up lists, allergy lists and other needed information.
- Supervise and lead other staff at the school site.
- Develop and maintain relationships with parents and school staff.
- Have direct involvement with children and act as mentor to program participants.
- Monitor, guide and redirect children’s behaviors, as necessary.
- Organize and maintain all equipment and supplies. Pick up supplies and snacks from YMCA on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED.
- Two years of college coursework preferred. Working towards a degree in education or a related field a plus.
- Must have previous experience working in a group setting supervising children.
- Must have previous experience planning and implementing age-appropriate programs for school-age children.
- Previous experience supervising other staff a plus.
- Must have capacity to make decisions and communicate effectively with participants, parents and school staff.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Must have a flexible schedule and able to work Monday – Friday with a split shift that includes the following hours: 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 3:15–6 p.m.
Physical Demands: Must be energetic and able to handle the physical demands of the job. Standing, walking, talking and active listening are other demands of the position. Employees must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Click here to Apply!