For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on creating high-quality, high-value foods, and beverages that help bring people together. We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as aMANUFACTURING PRODUCTION ASSISTANT. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants you!
The MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION ASSISTANT supportsJel Sert's manufacturing operations by assisting the Liquid Department Supervisors and Manager with a wide variety of administrative and clerical responsibilities.
This position will require the employee to work overtime as needed. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Support the department with daily production records by reviewing, correcting, and routing final records accordingly.
- Communicate and support Supervisor and Manager with departmental Operations, MRO, PMs, and Maintenance.
- Maintain required departmental paperwork as required by SQF regulations, assigned CCR documentation, and other departmental needs.
- Support 5S projects by engaging in the solutions and implementation of projects.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry into our time and attendance system, Attendance Enterprise, to ensure all employee records are ready for payroll on a weekly basis.
- Post weekly overtime lists for all necessary overtime and, as needed, assist with assigning overtime to employees accordingly.
- Organize weekly payroll checks and lunch tickets by department and shift.
- Maintain files, records, and other miscellaneous paperwork.
- Train production employees, including temporary employees, on topics that fall within each training matrix, safety and other miscellaneous departmental training needs as required.
- Distribute mail and maintain office supplies for manufacturing department.
- Backup to the other Manufacturing Production Assistant as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish), written and spoke,is required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications is required.
- Required to have basic math skills.
- Working knowledge of GMP's and safety regulations preferred and SQF knowledge a plus.
- Some college preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Work in a team-based environment.
- Detail-oriented, good problem-solving skills.
- Multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Abilityto encounter problems and make fact-based decisions.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Checkthe quality and timeliness of your own work.
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities.
- Personable yet extremely professional in demeanor and approachable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment with exposure to various odors and powder dust
- Subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
This is a safety-sensitive position due to the exposure to running production machines and moving forklifts.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
Back-up Redundancy - Manufacturing Production Assistant
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job directly impacts departmental and company productivity by helping to coordinate the administrative functions of the manufacturing departments and providing support in a timely and efficient manner. This job will enable the department supervisors and managers to function at a higher level while focusing on high payoff activities.