For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on creating high quality, high-value foods, and beverages that help bring people together. We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a CONTRACT OPERATIONS ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants you!
The Contract Operations Account Representative will be primarily responsible for all customer communication relating to their specific projects, obtaining forecasts, communicating the forecast to production planning, process and allocate incoming purchase orders, coordinate shipping between customer and the Traffic Department.
This position will require the employee to work overtime as needed. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Customer Service - Responsible for communication to key accounts, liaison between customer and internal staff (QA & Materials Mgmt), obtaining production forecast, production requests, including calculating upcharges needed for packaging materials, managing inventory materials (raw & packaging), manage timeline for all new packaging between Materials Department, QA and Customer.
- Processing Orders - order entry including allocating product for the shipment, informing Traffic department of released shipments, coordinating shipment between customer and Traffic.
- Coordinating QA releases for items, coordinating artwork files between groups, uploading backup paperwork for each order onto the sharedriver. Also, providing Credit Department with new customer set up info (credit application, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3 years customer service background experience is required.
- Experience within a food & beverage or pharmaceutical company preferred.
- Highly proficient order entry and organizational skills are required.
- Superior customer service skills are required.
- Strong computer skills, specifically within Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, good problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to encounter problems and make fact-based decisions.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Adapt to change and work in a fast paced environment.
- Checks the quality and timeliness of own work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Sitting: Ability to sit at computer and participate in meetings for long periods of time.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work area to another.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal and high speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Light/Sedentary work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection at distances close to the eyes as well as to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations.
Check the quality and timeliness of work.
Maintain a professional and organized work environment
Communicate needs to outside vendors and Jel Sert employees in order to get results and meet deadlines.
A positive and pleasant demeanor is required in dealing with customers and other business contacts.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
Back-up to Manager Business Development
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
Providing excellent customer service in a timely and efficient manner, coordinating all the tasks between internal and external groups with the customer is integral to the success of both the division and the Company's goals.
Click Here to start your application.