For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on creating high-quality, high-value foods and beverages that help bring people together. We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a PLANT HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants you!
The Plant Human Resource Assistant position serves as the initial formal contact between plant employees and the Plant Human Resources Department.
This position may require the employee to work in excess of 40 hours per week. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to employee inquiries (employee relations concerns, medical insurance, wage concerns, employee product orders, updates of personal information, locker registration, direct deposits, etc.)
- Data entry/electronic filing (discipline/separations, wage increases, job transfers, new hires, etc.)
- Provide administrative support for FMLA & LOA
- Administration of employee identification badges/timecards (creating, auditing, access, working with vendor as needed). Also includes temporary employees, as needed.
- Primary contact for plant cafeteria food service vendor (invoicing, complaints, etc.)
- Process verification of employment requests (VOE's) and IDES claims, tracking of medical insurance premium payments (recouping of missed premiums owed)
- Processing of newly eligible medical enrollments (open enrollment, etc.)
- Administration of perfect attendance lunch ticket program
- Prepares payroll checks for distribution, including payroll stuffers, W-2's, mailing of unclaimed checks, etc.
- Backup to Payroll for administration of attendance line call-offs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of office experience required, experience within a Human Resources department preferred.
- Must be Bilingual Spanish - reading, writing, and speaking required.
- Previous experience with an HRIS or Time & Attendance system is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interest in Human Resources and a genuine interest in working with people.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal/written.
- Detail oriented, organized, setting priorities and work effectively with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability be a self-starter.
- Positive can-do attitude, creative mind and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Personable yet extremely professional in demeanor and approachable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs is required.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU - BENEFITS
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K ) & ROTH Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
PERKS OF WORKING AT JEL SERT!
- Training and Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounts on our Delicious Products
- Health Club Member Reimbursement
- Interactive Company Culture with Engagement Activities
- Employee Service Awards
- Company Philanthropy
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on surfaces.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or assembly at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of structures.
May be exposed to various odors, dust and high levels of noise within manufacturing environment.
Prioritizes and schedules own work.
Checks the quality and timeliness of own work
Communicates company programs/procedures to others.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
Back up Plant HR Coordinator
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job is essential to ensuring proper HRIS data entry and addressing employee relations items such as paychecks, lunch tickets, locker assignments, etc. as well as sole responsibility for verification of employment for union employees. Also plays a key role in plant security due to administration of employee identification cards.