For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on creating high-quality, high-value foods and beverages that help bring people together. We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as an HR STAFFING COORDINATOR. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants you!
The HR Staffing Coordinator is responsible for recruiting efforts within the manufacturing and warehouse operations while serving as a formal contact between plant employees and the Plant Human Resources Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for recruiting efforts within the manufacturing environment by partnering with and maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Ensure job descriptions are accurate and posted according to company procedures
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of needs
- Screen submissions of interest, applications, and/or resumes
- Conduct phone screens and interviews with candidates meeting the minimum job requirements
- Administer appropriate skills assessment tests
- Make hiring recommendations to department managers
- Communicate employer information and benefits during screening/interview process
- Stay current with the company's organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies and industry associations
- Complete timely reports on employment activity
- Prepare and send out communication to applicants
- Process new hire applications and paperwork,
- Arrange for pre-employment drug and physical & functional screens
- Administer new hire orientation
- Coordinate recall and layoff process based upon staffing needs.
- Respond to basic employee inquiries, enforce policies and procedures and escalate any potential employee relations issues to the Plant HR Manager.
- Data entry and filing to include: discipline, separations, wage increases, job transfers, new hires, layoffs, recalls, etc.
- Develop and maintain employee communications to ensure employees are aware of events or opportunities available as an employee of the company.
- Assist Plant HR Manager and Plant HR Generalist with various employee matters as needed.
- Assist the Safety Coordinator as needed.
- Other administrative duties, support and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of Human Resources experience within a manufacturing environment
- Previous high volume recruiting experience required.
- Must be Bilingual Spanish - reading, writing, and speaking required.
- Previous experience with an HRIS, ATS or Time & Attendance system is preferred.
- Some College preferred, as the ideal candidate would be pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Leadership, and Business Management or related.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU - BENEFITS
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K ) & ROTH Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
PERKS OF WORKING AT JEL SERT!
- Training and Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounts on our Delicious Products
- Health Club Member Reimbursement
- Interactive Company Culture with Engagement Activities
- Employee Service Awards
- Company Philanthropy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality.
- Demonstrated passion for Human Resources and a genuine interest in working with people.
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities within Human Resources.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal/written and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, sets priorities and work effectively with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to encounter problems and make fact-based decisions.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Adapt to change and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels.
- Positive can-do attitude, creative mind and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Personable yet extremely professional in demeanor and approachable.
- Ability to work flexible schedule required.
- Continuous Learner
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Sitting: Ability to sit at computer and participate in meetings for long periods of time
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work area to another.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal and high speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Light/Sedentary work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection at distances close to the eyes as well as to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations.
- Subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- Subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to high heat.
Prioritizes and schedules own work.
Develops long-range objectives and plans to meet them.
Checks the quality and timeliness of own work
Communicates company programs/procedures to others.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
Back-up Sr. Plant HR Manager and Plant HR Assistant
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job is essential for serving as a formal contact point for plant employees and working with department managers and supervisors in regards to staffing changes. Also plays a significant role in site security and plant safety.