Reports to: Senior Director, Healthy Living & Sports
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Pay Range: $14.50-$15.50/hour
Position Summary: Provide service to members in the Wellness Center while supporting the mission and core values of the YMCA, and building relationships with our members. Create a healthy and safe environment while providing education and motivation.
- Perform assigned maintenance duties to keep all equipment clean and operational. Follow equipment and maintenance procedures to keep members and guests safe.
- Develop functional knowledge of exercise machines/equipment.
- Give fitness orientations to adults and children 11-15 years of age.
- Assure that all fitness areas are clean, organized and prepared for members’ use.
- Be attentive to members and their needs. Build professional working relationships with all members and guests.
- Follow all staff rules and guidelines for members. Set the example.
- Read, know, follow, and enforce emergency procedures, YMCA policies, rules, and health codes applicable to the facility.
- Perform all daily supply checks and follow all daily cleaning and class set up/tear down schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be CPR, AED and First Aid certified.
- Must be 16 years of age currently in high school or equivalent.
- Must have good interpersonal, public relations and communications skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments.
- Enthusiasm, a professional image and the ability to empathize and support members and program participants ranging in age from 2 to 99.
Physical Demands: Must be energetic and able to handle the physical demands of the job. Standing, walking, talking and active listening are other demands of the position. Employees must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Click here to Apply!