The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform vehicle and equipment preventative maintenance and repair as directed by Fleet Manager and or Shop Foreman.
• Perform field repairs and maintenance in varying weather and terrain conditions.
• Ability to take direction and carry out assigned tasks to completion in a safe and timely manner.
• Ability to work possible overtime, weekends, and nights in the event of storm work or heavy work load as determined by manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
• Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions.
• Independent judgment - targeted towards the development of creative solutions and the ability to solve spontaneous problems
and/or issues that may arise.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Basic computer skills.
• Work effectively under tight deadlines.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Two (2) to five (5) years of truck and small engine experience.
• Provide your own tools
• Ability to pass pre-employment physical/ drug screen
• Valid Illinois drivers’ license in good standing required or ability to obtain upon hire, CDL preferred
• Fabrication skills preferred.