For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on creating high-quality, high-value foods and beverages that help bring people together. We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Staff Accountant. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants you!
This position is responsible for preparing and posting period-end journal entries and account reconciliations for assigned accounts including Cash, Prepaid Expenses and various accruals. This position is also responsible for the accounting and analysis of all fixed asset additions and disposals, as well as certain non-income tax accruals and payments. Additionally, this position supports the rest of the accounting team and organization in explaining and analyzing account activity and assisting with the annual budgeting process for assigned accounts.
**This position will be a work-from-home role**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare, analyze, and post assigned journal entries.
- Assist with the month-end and quarter-end closing processes.
- Reconcile capital asset addition's when completed, enter into a fixed asset system, and process and record depreciation.
- Prepare daily cash reporting and maintains monthly cash flow forecasting.
- Perform item costing maintenance.
- Calculate quarterly royalty payments and prepare royalty reports and payment requests.
- Compile and analyze data for the annual budget process.
- Research and prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Work with internal Jel Sert employees to explain account activity and variances, and prepare analyses as requested or assigned.
- Assist in yearly tax and audit preparation, gathering support for auditors and tax preparers.
- Perform special projects as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years related accounting or audit experience, including tax and cost accounting
- Possesses analytical skills, with high attention to detail, strong follow-up skills, self-motivated, proactive and solution-focused
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while utilizing good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with general direction and in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills & strong analytical skills
- Must have intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Previous ERP experience required, QAD experience a plus
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU - BENEFITS
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K ) & ROTH Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
PERKS OF WORKING AT JEL SERT!
- Training and Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounts on our Delicious Products
- Health Club Member Reimbursement
- Interactive Company Culture with Engagement Activities
- Employee Service Awards
- Company Philanthropy
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection.
Work From Home - laptop and printer will be provided but this position must have a quiet, dedicated work area in their home
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job is essential to contributing timely and high-quality data to the leadership of the Finance Department while working to meet our strategic goals.