* THIS IS A 4 MONTH TEMPORARY POSITION
For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on creating high-quality, high-value foods and beverages that help bring people together. We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a TEMPORARY ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants you!
Review and process invoices to vendors by following the established procedures with accuracy and in a timely manner.
This position will require the employee to work overtime as needed. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
This job description is only a summary of typical functions. Duties, tasks, and responsibilities may differ from the job description.
- Review, process, and save electronic invoices.
- Maintain accounts payable unpaid and paid invoice files.
- Analyze and resolve problematic invoices in order to process accordingly.
- On a monthly basis, review all invoices on hold status and verify with authorizing department to ensure validity.
- Ensure all invoices have approval signatures, departmental codes, and required supporting documentation.
- Complete projects as assigned by A/P Manager or Controller.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years Accounts Payable experience.
- AP experience within a paperless environment highly desired.
- Experience with high volume payable transactions
- College degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly organized, methodical, disciplined, and detail-oriented.
- Accurate and timely data input skills are essential.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong leadership, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks within time constraints.
- Solid computer skills and a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Experience with an ERP system, such as QAD, is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrate good communication skills both written and verbal.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job is required to successfully handle vendor terms, discounts and payments throughout the year, as these responsibilities directly impact Jel Sert's cash flow.